Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mrs. T's Pierogies

What's a pierogie you ask?  Well let me tell you, if you have to ask...you are missing out...but, I will tell you anyway.  Pierogis (as any self respecting Polish girl can tell you) are dumplings of unleavened dough – first boiled, then they are baked or fried usually in butter with onions – traditionally stuffed with potato fillingsauerkrautground meat, cheese, or fruit. Of central and eastern European provenance, they are usually semicircular, but are rectangular or triangular in some cuisines.

I am sure, as with anything, home made ones are hard to beat, but Mrs T makes some darn good ones at a darn good price.  I am sure they would put my efforts to shame!



Pierogies come in many different varieties, but our personal fave is Potato & cheese.  Take your box of Mrs T's out of the freezer, separate the pierogies, and toss them in the frying pan.  Add butter, onions, and my personal touch,,,bacon & let them slow cook.  Comfort food made simple & oh, so delicious!  

So if you have never had a pierogie, let me introduce you to Mrs. T, the mother of all pierogies.  Besides for the potato & cheese variety, they do have several others,  Check out Mrs T's for everything you ever wanted to know about pierogies.  Take it from a Polish girl, I bet my dupa you will love them!  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment